Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween {Yarn Wreath}

Here is my first yarn wreath I ever made, I tried it about 2 or so months ago before I started my blog and figured now is the time to post it!  Yarn wreaths are sooo easy, cheap,and so much FUN!  I'm obsessed with making wreaths, their so simple to make!  Here's how I made mine!

Supplies:

{wreath}
{yarn}

Step.{1}  Take your wreath and tie a knot {to secure your first wrap}

{should look like this}


   Step.{2}  Start wrapping around, around, & around!!

                                   {repeat this process until you have covered the entire wreath}


Step.{3} After I had wrapped the entire wreath with yarn I started customizing it.
YES, every wreath needs a little customizing.
:)
     I added glittery foam letters, a felt spider, and a cute little witch hat. I purchased all these from 
      Hobby Lobby for just $1.50!! 
                                  
Step.{4}  Hang your new yarn wreath and enjoy!

                                                 
                                                                                 {inside}

                                                
                                                                          {on the front door}


I love my yarn wreath! I hope you try one out they are so much  FUN!! 


17 comments:

  1. Lady these turned out beautiful! I love the witch hat...so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love the addition of the witch hat! I have all the materials to make one too - just need to find some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that witch hat is my favorite part!!! hope you get lots of trick or treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute!!! I would never have thought to make a yarn wreath. Its awesome :) I'm a new follower from the Wednesday Hop. So glad to have found you.
    hope you stop by
    http://www.cammostylelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, very cute! I am a new follower, great blog you have here! I am looking forward to reading your posts. Please come by my blog as well.
    Thanks,
    Alissia
    http://tips4green.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome!! I love the accessories too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm you newest follower from the Wednesday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following from the blog hop. Hope you can follow back and check out my latest giveaways!!
    God Bless,
    Shelley
    http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following me at Cammo Style Love!!! CSN is so awesome. Its like an amazon/overstock type website, with literally everything you could ever want. It's crazy!!! I'm going to be doing a review for them and hopefully a giveaway in the near future. Please check it out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really nice! I have quite a bit of yarn but since, Halloween is over with, I have to do something for Christmas :) Thanks for sharing. I love wreaths, take a look at my spiderific wreath as well :)
    I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

    Have a great weekend
    ShowMeMama

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm your newest follower and have enjoyed looking around your blog. I found you through Design It Chic blog hop. Come visit my blog when you have time :-)
    www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't even celebrate Halloween and I still think that's the cutest wreath/decoration ever. :-)

    I like your site - such good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your wreath.. thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your wreath, so cute. I have been working on some thrifty halloween tutorials too. I would love for you to link up at my next linky on fri-mon. Come strut your stuff.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! tell me what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...